Ice Tracks lands its first South Georgia traverse ! A party of 15 adventurers, led by polar adventurer Seb Coulthard, will be crossing the South Georgia ice cap in Shackleton, Crean and Worsley’s footsteps. It’s an adventure to be shared and celebrated by all as we enjoy the Falklands, glorious South Georgia followed by the magic of the Antarctic peninsula.
Our personal pick
For those of you Early Birds wishing to book your polar adventure in advance, Ice Tracks is offering the following special discounts.
- It is one thing to visit, observe and experience many of the most exotic and iconic places on our planet, it is quite another to do so accompanied by one or both of the co-founders of Ice Tracks. Caro and Angie have that rare quality of making every client feel a very special and valued member of the very close ice trackers family.
Bob Jay – England
- Caro rest assured that your enthusiasm and passion had everything to do with our amazing experience. You made us feel so welcome right from the beginning, initially with the cool emails and then meeting you in person in Ushuaia.
Nothing was ever too much trouble and your response was always a cheerful smile and a can do attitude. Caro – what more can I say – you ROCK!
Wendel – Pretoria South Africa
- My trip in June to Svalbard was one of the high spots of my life. I loved the zodiac trips out right up to huge glaciers - one of which we saw calving - and onto the land where we trekked and got a real sense of the presence of polar bears - their tracks and where they’s scrambled out of the water onto the snow.
I was travelling on my own - but everyone was very sociable and I was never on my own for long. Ice Tracks and onboard staff were always kind, helpful and hugely knowledgeable. A brilliant trip!
Honnie Feltham – England
- The attention to detail, and all the little extras on the Shackleton Expedition made it so special and memorable. I can only imagine all the work involved, the Ice Tracks team certainly gets full marks. I don’t know if your trips in Antarctica always go to the Falklands and South Georgia, but for me they were just as beautiful and special as Antarctica itself.
Keep on working with small groups, out of the way / beautiful places itineraries and your personal involvement and passion!
Sue Pryor Moore – Australia
- I have had the privilege of the opportunity to travel with Ice-Tracks to The Antarctic and The Arctic within 9 months of each other. A dream come true.
Rosie Needham – UK
- We had such a FANTASTIC TRIP and we had a great time kayaking and zodiac cruising and hiking, also the best group of people we met, may we all have many more adventures together,will treasure the memories.Duncan and Doreen traveled with us on Spitsbergen Explorer.
Duncan and Doreen Paul – South Africa
- A big ‘thank you!’ to my fellow Ice Trackers who each made a once-in-a-lifetime voyage so memorable. You all contributed to a first adventure holiday experience that will be impossible to match. Thanks for sharing it with me.
Ron Wild – Ontario, Canada
- Angie...the drive and determination that your personal quest to deliver Frank to his proper resting place shows. Thank you so much for allowing me the privilege of sharing part of that story and of leading me to Antarctica itself. Caro…I fulfilled a boyhood dream and so much more. The experience was made even more special by you. You bring energy and enthusiasm, a passion that is infectious.
Whilst we strictly observe the principle “leave nothing, take nothing” it is impossible not to leave part of you there, and Antarctica too permits you to take much away even if it is simply to know yourself a little more. Thank you.
Rick Dobbie – Sydney, Australia
- We have reached the conclusion that there would not be a single thing to change or improve on if we did the same trip tomorrow.
Overall, we think the enthusiasm of your support teams, both on board and ashore, made each day truly exciting and for that reason look forward to our next trip with you.
As a keen photographer, I did not expect to see such a variety of wild life and landscapes and truly believe that I have taken some of my most important photographs to date which has made this trip very special indeed.
Tim and Jan Burr – UK
- It was an unforgettable experience throughout for us and we had such a rewarding time in so many ways. .
Brig. John Powell – UK