Our personal picks
For those of you Early Birds wishing to book your polar adventure in advance, Ice Tracks is offering the following special discounts.
- Thank you Ice Tracks for the most memorable trip of my life. I’ve travelled the globe a good deal but this trip to Antarctica on the Akademik Sergey Vavilov, following in the tracks of Sir Ernest Shackleton a century ago, will live in my heart and my memory for ever. The on-board presentations were all fascinating; we even had the privilege of watching a life size bust of Sir Ernest Shackleton gradually materialize at the hands of a talented sculptor as we sailed on down to the ‘Big Ice’. The organization of the whole voyage was superb. I’m saving up to get Ice Tracks to take me to the Arctic next.
Writer and Broadcaster Sue Cook – UK
- Thank you to each one of you for your friendship and for sharing this beautiful part of our planet with us. Guts and Caro do you realise what you have achieved ? It has always been a lifelong dream to visit Antarctica and you have been the catalyst that made it all possible. Your enthusiasm and friendship knows no bounds!.
Hengelene – Pretoria South Africa
- From start to finish, Ice Tracks and Angie Butler made sure that my father and I were looked after as if we were family. The trip was amazing with kayaking in the midnight sun amongst seals and walruses the die-for memory.
Guy Tritton – UK
- Everybody who has responded after the trip has expressed AMAZING AMAZEMENT about the expedition holiday of a lifetime. Add our names to that list and our sincere thanks to Angie and Caro for their professional, enthusiastic and caring approach to the trip and its planning. You two are great!!!
Henri & Brenda Lombard – Johannesburg, South Africa
- We set off on what we hoped would be one of life's great adventures. We succeeded - and the team at Ice Tracks played an integral part on the happiness of our trip.
Greg Ellis – Australia
- We had such a FANTASTIC TRIP and we had a great time kayaking and zodiac cruising and hiking, also the best group of people we met, may we all have many more adventures together,will treasure the memories.Duncan and Doreen traveled with us on Spitsbergen Explorer.
Duncan and Doreen Paul – South Africa
- Once again on our 4th trip with Ice Tracks we have exceeded all of our expectations. Peru and Machu Picchu were amazing, Titilaka Lodge was a very special haven, Sacha Lodge and the Napo River an incredible experience in the jungle and the Galapagos Islands close up wildlife topped everything.
Tim & Jan Burr – England
- Susanne and I are very happy to have spent 3 weeks with Ice Tracks excellent management during the Shackleton Centenary Voyage. Antarctica is still alive in our spirit even though our bodies are at home. We will forever remember our journey, the beautiful landscapes and the kind staff of the Akademik Sergey Vavilov as well as the cultural expressions of Argentina and the company of our fellow travellers.
Many thanks to Ice Tracks, to Caro and Angie, for the best journey of our life!
Manfred and Susanne Gehmeyr – Germany
- Muchas Gracias for a well planned excursion to the wine region of South America! Your choice of Finca's in Mendoza & the vineyard tours were excellent. Loved all your suggestions especially touring Valparaiso .
Leonard Herbst – New York
- I want to thank you for putting together a lifetime experience. Also I must add my congratulations to all the thought and knowledge and planning that was evident from day one.
Shirley Kaplan – South Africa