Antarctic Peninsula Whale Adventure
Ushuaia to Ushuaia
11 days/10 nights
Special US$ 1500 discount per person on selected departures
Contact us for more information
Be prepared to be dazzled by the beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. The abundance of wildlife here is truly extraordinary including five seal species, massive penguin rookeries of gentoo, adélies and chinstraps as well as a profusion of seabirds from albatross to skuas. It is nature you will experience up close and personal on frequent excursions inland.
Day 1 – Ushuaia
Today is the first day of our adventure. As we board our ship, in Ushuaia, the world’s southernmost city at the tip of Argentina, and start to become familiar with ‘our home’ for the next 11 days we cannot help but wonder about the exciting journey ahead of us. In the early evening, we set sail and begin our voyage leaving behind Ushuaia and charting a course through the Beagle Channel.
Days 2-3 – Drake Passage
Crossing the Drake Passage, there is so much excitement in the air as we make our way ever closer to the white continent. Along the way, we will witness many spectacular sights from icebergs to an array of seabirds and even several whale species some of which are known on occasion to breach from the sea.
Days 3-8 – Antarctic Peninsula
In the waterways of the Antarctic Peninsula, we hope to make as much time as possible to explore on inflatable Zodiac boats and marvel up close at nature’s glory. We hope to see the gentle humpback whale dining on krill in its feeding grounds and possibly have an opportunity to observe orcas and Minke whales as we go. We finally arrive on the continent of Antarctica at Paradise Harbour or Neko Harbour. Prepare to be dazzled by your first glimpse of the continent. The scenery here is amazing.
Days 9-10 – Drake Passage
As we leave this magical place and make our way north, heading again across the Antarctic Convergence and the Drake Passage before rounding Cape Horn, we have no doubt that time will be spent sharing and reflecting on the wonderful experiences of the last few days. This sailing time is optimal for reviewing your newfound ‘field photography’ skills and learning more from our onboard presentation staff and educational experts. Sailing up the Beagle Channel, we celebrate the conclusion of our Polar expedition with a special dinner onboard.
Day 11 – Ushuaia
In the early morning, we will arrive back in Ushuaia. It is time to say farewell to your crew and fellow travelers. Guests will be transported to their hotels or to the airport for return flights home.
We are very proud to offer one of the best sea kayaking programs ever!!! Whether you are an experienced kayaker or you want to try it for the first time, this activity will allow you to enjoy another side of this magnificent destination.
Price per person: U$S 795
Read more about Sea Kayaking in the Polar Regions
Ice Tracks is offering on all voyages the possibility to camp out in Antarctica at no extra cost. If conditions are suitable and you choose to camp on the continent, we will provide all the required gear such as tents, bivy sacs and sleeping bags. This excursion is managed with strict environmental regulations. A portable toilet is used and absolutely everything is transported back to the ship afterwards.
Read more about Camping in Antarctica
In the Polar Regions the sun shines 24/7 allowing krill and other crustaceans to grow in abundance. Whales take full advantage of this feast before the “big freeze” forces them to head to the Tropics. Humpbacks float along our zodiacs, Orcas set the heart racing and the curious minke whales never fail to delight. And ‘don’t rule out seeing Blue whales or the less common beaked whales!
Read more about Whale watching
|Dates||Nights||Adventure Options||Vessel||Prices from|
|2018022020 Feb 2018|
02 Mar 2018
|2018030202 Mar 2018|
12 Mar 2018
|2018030303 Mar 2018|
13 Mar 2018
|2018032222 Mar 2018|
01 Apr 2018
|2018111919 Nov 2018|
29 Nov 2018
|2018112323 Nov 2018|
03 Dec 2018
|2018113030 Nov 2018|
10 Dec 2018
|2018120909 Dec 2018|
19 Dec 2018
|2018121818 Dec 2018|
29 Dec 2018
|2018122828 Dec 2018|
08 Jan 2019
|2019011818 Jan 2019|
29 Jan 2019
|2019030404 Mar 2019|
14 Mar 2019
|2019032424 Mar 2019|
02 Apr 2019
Included in the price of this voyage:
– Itinerary/pre-departure information
– One night hotel accommodation in embarkation city (Hebridean Sky departures)
– Transfer from airport in embarkation city to group hotel if arriving on day 1 of the itinerary (Hebridean Sky departures)
– Transfers from the meeting point to the ship
– Transfer from ship to airport or central location at disembarkation
– Extensive program of relevant educational presentations
– Advice from experienced team of naturalists and resident photographer
– All Zodiac excursions and landings
– Welcome Cocktail and Farewell Dinner hosted by our Captain
– All meals during the voyage prepared by onboard professional chefs. Afternoon tea with fresh snacks each afternoon. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate throughout the day (24/7)
– House wine/beer/soft drink with dinner (Hebridean Sky departures)
– Onboard medical officer
– All activities offered on board (except kayaking on all departures and camping on Hebridean Sky departures).
– Use of multimedia station to download and process your photos.
– Free Internet connection from the public computers in the library (Hebridean Sky departures)
– 100 minute WiFi card, for use on your personal devices (Hebridean Sky departures)
-All port fees
Not included in the price of this voyage:
– International and Domestic airfares
– Visa and passport fees, airport departure taxes
– Pre-cruise or post-cruise hotel accommodation, meals, transfers in arrival/departure cities (unless otherwise stated in your invoice)
– Personal laundry and personal expenses (Postage, telephone, internet, bar bill, medical expenses)
– Travel medical insurance including medical evacuation (mandatory)
– Trip interruption / cancellation insurance (optional)
– Gratuities to staff and crew
Should you wish to simplify packing, we are proud to offer a full complement of outdoor expedition gear for you on board.
On board the Akademiks:
Free of charge foul weather gear package including jacket, bib pants and wellington boots. The package also includes roll-top waterproof knapsacks, Bushnell® or Nikon binoculars and walking poles to use during the voyage.
On board the Hebridean and Island Sky:
You will receive a complimentary Helly Hansen water/wind proof jacket (yours to keep) and a pair of Muck boots to use during the voyage.
On board the Akademiks:
We have a Wellness program on the ships which includes a gym, sauna, hot tub, massage room and plunge pool for icy dips if you so wish! Early morning stretching and yoga sessions followed by healthy breakfast are a great way to start your expedition day.
Proof of our Polar Commitment
When traveling with Ice Tracks Expeditions, you will discover how much we care about the places and people we visit. We demonstrate this by finding ways to give back as well as taking away so many incredible memories.
Read more about our Giving Back Program.