Antarctica – the frozen continent
Nothing prepares you for the heart-stopping pristine beauty of Antarctica. Sight, sound and yes, the smell of the penguin colonies. Ice-scapes, ice-cliffs, ice-bergs of cobalt blue that dwarf everything in their midst. Soaring albatross and swooping petrels, fluking whales, bobbing seals and one-ton belching elephant seals. Sunsets and sunrises separated by crimson-streaked skies. Antarctica can only be described as a paradise in ice.
Here, life takes on another dimension: it is a desert of ice where mammals only survive on the very edge of the continent, their food stores plundered from the ocean, the skies peppered with sea birds. Should you venture into the interior, your survival depends on everything brought in by humans.
We know that an expedition to Antarctica is often a once-in-lifetime experience, and for that reason we offer a number of voyages, on different vessels, varying in length of time, levels of activity, experts on board and destinations. We want to find the perfect itinerary, just for you. So, please do get in contact and we can talk you through all your options.
Antarctica has also brought us a history of extraordinary achievements and heart-breaking failures, making this frozen continent all the more wondrous. The stories of polar exploration are rich, and the bravery of people like Sir Ernest Shackleton, Frank Wild, Capt. Robert Scott and their modern-day counterparts: Henry Worsely, Børge Ousland and the British Ice Maidens, are unparalleled, and still draw us to Antarctica.
What our customers say about us
- If you are contemplating a voyage to Antarctica – don’t hesitate.Steven Briers – South Africa
- Ice Tracks gave us a fantastic holiday with all the advantages of an experienced expedition team.Lynn Pascoe – UK
- I just want to say a very big “thank you” to all of you for being so caring and attentive.Christine Duthie – England
- Yes we were an EXCEPTIONAL group and yes we were in PARADISE but Ice Tracks Expeditions made it all happen.Shirley Kaplan – Cape Town, South Africa
- Everything was beyond my wildest expectations and I am so glad that I decided to come along.Lisa McCarthy – USA
- Thank you to each one of you for your friendship and for sharing this beautiful part of our planet with us.Hengelene – Pretoria South Africa
- Thank you for providing me with the experience of a lifetime.Antonia Chambers – United States
Caro's expert insight
Join us for the latest news, expeditions and special offers