The Arctic’s icy tundra is its own unique ecosystem, spread out the earth’s most northern tip. Radiating out from the ‘North Pole’, it includes the Canadian Arctic, Alaska, northern Scandinavia, Russia, Norwegian Arctic, as well as Greenland & Baffin Island – each offering a plethora of wildlife, towering cliffs of nesting birds, bellowing walruses, the strange and superbly insulated muskox, exquisite flowers of the frozen tundra and, of course, a fascinating insight into Inuit life and polar history.
The Arctic is changing, rapidly. The Northwest Passage is being described as the new Silk Road, and yet there are still pristine areas to venture to where you can explore the flora, fauna and the people that live there, without seeing another ship or tour group. A disappearing world? Not just yet…
Join Ice Tracks on one of our many expeditions to the Canadian or Norwegian Arctic, or Greenland & Baffin Island and and discover an ice world with more colours, flavours and textures than you ever imagined.
What our customers say about us
- I would like to thank you so much for a fantastic voyage, I enjoyed every minute of it, even the rough seas! Antarctica is a very special place and I felt very privileged to be there.Lynn Pascoe – UK
- If you are contemplating a voyage to Antarctica – don’t hesitate.Steven Briers – South Africa
- Just returned from my second trip with Ice Tracks this time to the Arctic and the Svalbard archipelago and once again it was a wonderful journey.Rick Dobbie – Sydney, Australia
- Ice Tracks are an all-round excellent outfit – professional, passionate and personal.Shona Walton and Adrian Berry
- Ice Tracks are an all-round excellent outfit – professional, passionate and personal.Shona Walton & Adrian Berry – England
- The expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula exceed my expectations; a memorable experience on all counts.Michael Robinson – USA
- I just want to say a very big “thank you” to all of you for being so caring and attentive.Christine Duthie – England
Carolina's expert insight
Join us for the latest news, expeditions and special offers