The Arctic’s icy tundra is its own unique ecosystem, spread out the earth’s most northern tip. Radiating out from the ‘North Pole’, it includes the Canadian Arctic, Alaska, northern Scandinavia, Russia, Norwegian Arctic, as well as Greenland & Baffin Island – each offering a plethora of wildlife, towering cliffs of nesting birds, bellowing walruses, the strange and superbly insulated muskox, exquisite flowers of the frozen tundra and, of course, a fascinating insight into Inuit life and polar history.
The Arctic is changing, rapidly. The Northwest Passage is being described as the new Silk Road, and yet there are still pristine areas to venture to where you can explore the flora, fauna and the people that live there, without seeing another ship or tour group. A disappearing world? Not just yet…
Join Ice Tracks on one of our many expeditions to the Canadian or Norwegian Arctic, or Greenland & Baffin Island and and discover an ice world with more colours, flavours and textures than you ever imagined.
What our customers say about us
- Yes we were an EXCEPTIONAL group and yes we were in PARADISE but Ice Tracks Expeditions made it all happen.Shirley Kaplan – Cape Town, South Africa
- Brilliant throughout.Julian Grater – UK
- All the staff on the ship, without exception, were friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble.Anne Phillips – England
- Ice Tracks gave us a fantastic holiday with all the advantages of an experienced expedition team.James Parker – UK
- Thank you to each one of you for your friendship and for sharing this beautiful part of our planet with us.Hengelene – Pretoria South Africa
- The expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula exceed my expectations; a memorable experience on all counts.Michael Robinson – USA
- We had such a FANTASTIC TRIP and we had a great time kayaking and zodiac cruising and hiking, also the best group of people we met, may we all have many more adventures together,will treasure the memories.Duncan and Doreen Paul – South Africa
Carolina's expert insight
Join us for the latest news, expeditions and special offers