- Starts at: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Ends at: Maun, Botswana
- Duration: 14 Days / 13 Nights
There is nothing like delicious cuisine served beneath a canopy of brilliant stars to reach the heart of Africa. Spending time at the waterholes watching the animals jockey for position at the water, crossing expanses of Africa in 4 x 4s while our guides share their phenomenal knowledge of the bush.
On our Botswana Mobile Camp Safari you will experience the luxury of magnificent lodges, top end safari camps and nights under canvas (in superbly comfortable tents) where you can truly immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and even smells of the African savannah.
– Arrival in Victoria Falls (Via Johannesburg South Africa)
– Welcome to Old Drift Lodge
– 2 nights at Old Drift Lodge. Full Board and activities included.
Old drift logde set within Zambezi National Park, will see your two first nights under canvas and your first encounter of Africa’s magic. The lodge overlooks the spectacular Zambezi River and is frequented by elephant, antelope, zebra and giraffe. The highlight of course is the visit to the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls known “Mosi-oa-Tunya” ”the Smoke that thunders”. It is the greatest curtain of falling water in the world.
– Travel by road to Pangolin Chobe Lodge , Kasane.
– Two Nights all inclusive, at the lodge. Full board and activities
The Pangolin Chobe is situated on a hill above the town of Kasane, the gateway to the Chobe National Park. The lodge overlooks the Chobe floodplains which brims with an abundance of game. Your excursions will include river rides and and an unforgettable experience of getting close and very personal with hippos, elephants and crocodiles to name but a few. This is your opportunity to take the free DSLR cameras on offer, guided by a professional photographer. The memory cards are for you to take home, filled with glorious memories and surprises at your skill as photographer!
The bedrooms are all en-suite. Each of the bedrooms are air-conditioned and have a private balcony to take advantage of the spectacular views and African sunsets. The communal areas are delightful and the bar well stocked!
– Transfer to Kasane Airport
– Charter flight to Savuti, Chobe National Park
– 3 days fully inclusive Mobile Camp in Savuti.
You have said goodbye to modern day living and here in Savuti you will experience the heart of Africa. Savuti revolves around the erratic ebb and flow of the Savuti River, its marshlands have lain dry for some 18 years. Today you will come across an amphitheater teeming with game and the possibility of coming across the infamous lion that hunt elephants.
Sundowners never taste better than around the oper fire before settling down to a three-course dinner cooked on open coals. You will sleep to the sounds of the African Wild dog calling and no doubt the inquisitive hyena.
– Air transfer from Savuti to Khwai
– Transfer by road to Kwai Lodge, Chobe
You will love this camp under permanent canvas while you explore one of Botswana’s most pristine wildlife areas the Chobe National Park by land cruiser or by punting through the channels of the Okavango in a traditional dug-put canoe (mokoro). Each tent is equipped with a good electricity supply, hot running water (power by a solar geyser) and a comfortable bathroom. A small private deck offers beautiful views over grasslands and a perfect retreat to enjoy the constant honk of the hippos.
– Transfer by road to Moremi National Park
– Spend three, fully inclusive nights in Xini mobile camp (Meru-stlye tents with canvas surrond shawer and loo – open to the stars)
Covering 1/3 if the Okavango Delta, Moremi is a superb game spotting paradise. It is home to some of Africa’s densest concentrations of wildlife. It is also one of the most accessible corners of the Okavango with well-maintained trails and stunning landscapes. Sleep comes easily in your cosy tent after a day of game drives even if the “night traffic” of roaring lions and grunting hippos can be heard in the distance!
– Road trip to Maun
– Overnight at Cresta Maun Hotel, Maun
Today will be farewall to the glorious African bush as you make your way to the hub of Maun.
Included in the price of this trip:
- All Accommodation on a shared basis in twin bedded tents with en suite shower and toilet.
- Meals as specified.
- All drinks (South African Wines and Spirits, excluding import premium brands)
- Excursions and transfers as shown in the itinerary (usually twice daily game activities at our camping areas).
- Services of a Professional Guide.
- Relevant Park fees and VAT (where applicable).
- Meet & Assist service on arrival.
- Emergency evacuation to the nearest regional medical facility.
- Laundry service
Not included in the price of this trip:
- Any scheduled flights and related ticket or airport taxes.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Drinks, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified above.
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
- Visa fees where relevant.
- Passports must be valid (usually for at least 6 months after date of travel) and have at least 3 blank visa pages (not endorsement pages)
- All visa requirements must be fulfilled and these are your responsibility. If you have any queries about obtaining visas please contact us.