- Starts at: 19 October 2018 Maun, Botswana
- Ends at: 31 October-1 November 2018 Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Duration: 13-14 Days / 12 Nights
There is nothing like delicious cuisine served beneath a canopy of brilliant stars to reach the heart of Africa. Spending time at the waterholes watching the animals jockey for position at the water, crossing expanses of Africa in 4 x 4s while our guides share their phenomenal knowledge of the bush.
On our Botswana African Odyssey you will experience the luxury of magnificent lodges, top end safari camps and nights under canvas (in superbly comfortable tents) where you can truly immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and even smells of the African savannah.
Arrival in Maun, Botswana via Johannesburg International, South Africa.
Maun is the gateway to the Okavango Delta and is Botswana’s tourism hub.
Overnight at Cresta Riley’s Hotel, Maun
- Travel by road to Moremi National Park
- Spend three, fully inclusive, nights in Xini mobile camp (Meru-style tents with ensuite bathrooms)
Covering over 1/3 of the Okavango Delta, Moremi is a real game spotting paradise. It is home to some of Africa’s densest concentrations of wildlife. It’s also one of the most accessible corners of the Okavango, with well-maintained trails and stunning landscapes and sunsets. Go to sleep to the nightly sounds of grunting hippos, roaring lions and trumpeting elephants, and wake to tea with the antelope, noisy birdlife and maybe even leopard.
Overnight: Under canvas in 2nd Bridge / Xini area of Moremi National Park. Full board, excursions with your guides & local beverages
The term ‘camping’ can be deceiving: yes, you will be sleeping under canvas but there is no ‘roughing it’ here. Each Meru-style tent is fitted with beds, and linen (not a sleeping bag in sight), private ensuite bathroom, electricity and a private deck area overlooking the plains beyond.
- Transfer by road to Khwai Lodge, Chobe
- Spend three, fully inclusive, nights in meru-style tents at Khwai Lodge
You will explore one of Botswana’s most pristine wildlife areas: Chobe National Park, by land cruiser & foot, or by punting through the channels of the Okavango in a traditional dugout canoe (mokoro). Each tent has its’ own small private deck with beautiful views over the grasslands in front of the camp. They are each equipped with good electricity supply, hot running water (powered by a solar geyser), loo and private shower.
Overnight: Under Canvas in a mobile camp in Chobe
Full Board, excursions with your guide & local beverages
- Charter flight to Savute, Chobe National Park
- Spend three, all inclusive, nights under canvas and the African stars in a private,
comfortable mobile camp (Meru-style tents, with ensuite bathrooms).
Savute revolves around the eratic ebb and flow of the Savute river. When it flows, the area teems with wildlife: herds of elephant and buffalo, mingling with wildebeest, zebra, girrafe and impala. Here, the lions hunt elephants: Savute is the amphitheater where this interaction of Lions and Elephants has played itself out so brutally, for decades, in a bitter struggle for survival.
Overnight: Savute Mobile camp, Chobe National Park
Full board, light aircraft charter flight & local beverages
- Travel by road to Pangolin Chobe Lodge, Kasane
- Two nights, all inclusive, at the lodge.
The Pangolin Chobe Lodge is situated on a hill above the town of Kasane, the gateway to the Chobe National Park. The lodge overlooks the Chobe floodplains with extraordinary views. With the sun setting directly in front of the lodge, this location affords you some of the most spectacular sunsets in Botswana.
The bedrooms are all ensuite with a loo and shower. Each of the bedrooms has a private balcony to take advantage of the spectacular views over the floodplains and is air-conditioned with plenty of plug points and places to store camera gear and luggage.
The Chobe National Park is probably one of the best reserves in Africa for wildlife
Overnight: Pangolin Chobe River Lodge, Kasane
Full board, guided activites & local beverages
Road Transfer from Kasane to Victoria Falls.
Overnight at Victoria Falls Hotel, built by the British in 1904, was originally conceived as accommodation for workers on the Cape-to-Cairo railway and remains the landmark accommodation facility to view the popular tourist attraction, the wondrous Victoria Falls.
Optional Helicopter Ride.
Transfer to the airport.
Included in the price of this trip:
- All Accommodation on a shared basis in twin bedded tents with en suite shower and toilet.
- Meals as specified.
- All drinks (South African Wines and Spirits, excluding import premium brands)
- Excursions and transfers as shown in the itinerary (usually twice daily game activities at our camping areas).
- Services of a Professional Guide.
- Relevant Park fees and VAT (where applicable).
- Meet & Assist service on arrival.
- Emergency evacuation to the nearest regional medical facility.
- Laundry service
Not included in the price of this trip:
- Any scheduled flights and related ticket or airport taxes.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Drinks, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified above.
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
- Visa fees where relevant.
- Passports must be valid (usually for at least 6 months after date of travel) and have at least 3 blank visa pages (not endorsement pages)
- All visa requirements must be fulfilled and these are your responsibility. If you have any queries about obtaining visas please contact us.