The following itinerary details the Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari. Please do contact us for more information about this amazing voyage.
Arrive in Ottawa a day earlier to the departure. Today you will fly from Ottawa to Pond Inlet. Once there, in small groups, a private plane will take you to the camp. Have your cameras ready for stunning aerial views of the vast Arctic landscapes, including dramatic mountains and icebergs in Sirmilik National Park.
Observe prolific wildlife and spectacular Arctic landscapes. In small groups, take day trips in the area and engage in a variety of activities both on land, such as guided hikes, and at the floe edge. Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly within the presence of whales.
One of the greatest highlights for many guests on this safari is the opportunity to observe a variety of Arctic wildlife in their natural habitat, including narwhal, beluga, bowhead whales, seals, and polar bears. Migratory birds are also in abundance.
Delve into the Inuit culture on a journey to traditional Inuit hunting grounds, by qamutik and snowmobile.
After another full day enjoying the High Arctic wilderness, fly directly out of camp to Pond Inlet in groups of eight. Explore the town at your leisure and spend your final night in a hotel.
Transfer to the Pond Inlet airport. Board your flight back to Ottawa and onwards to home.
For our latest discounts and exclusive deals see our special offers page.
|Voyage||Start / End||Accommodation||Activities||Prices from||Offer|
|Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari||'.20190513.'13/05/2019 |
|Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari||'.20190514.'14/05/2019 |
|Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari||'.20190519.'19/05/2019 |
|Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari||'.20190520.'20/05/2019 |
|Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari||'.20190525.'25/05/2019 |
|Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari||'.20190526.'26/05/2019 |
|Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari||'.20190531.'31/05/2019 |
Included in the price of this voyage:
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- Accommodations: 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp and 1 night in a hotel in Pond Inlet
- Services of Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- Use of kayaks and drysuit, mask, fins, hood, and gloves for snorkeling
- Return transfers in Pond Inlet
- Guided interpretive hikes
Not included in the price of this voyage:
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged