Our personal picks
For those of you Early Birds wishing to book your polar adventure in advance, Ice Tracks is offering the following special discounts.
- We had such a FANTASTIC TRIP and we had a great time kayaking and zodiac cruising and hiking, also the best group of people we met, may we all have many more adventures together,will treasure the memories.Duncan and Doreen traveled with us on Spitsbergen Explorer.
Duncan and Doreen Paul – South Africa
- Last november I had the most wonderful experience of going on a very special trip, with Ice Tracks Expeditions, to the Antarctic. It was to celebrate Sir Ernest Shackleton's voyage a hundred years ago.
Sculptor Janey Hamilton – UK
- I would find it hard to find fault with any aspect of my recent trip to Falklands, S Georgia and Antarctica. The whole trip was simply outstanding and far exceeded all my expectations.
Reena Shah – England
- It was, indeed, a wonderful and unforgettable experience Down South - thrilling on so many levels: the company, the scenery, the wildlife, the history, the non-stop food ... When friends and family ask what it was like, I feel incapable of even beginning a description, as I could not do the experience justice. As they say: you had to be there...So, now back to everyday reality (no Boris, no Zodiacs, no ice - not in Southern England, anyway - no darling penguins and none of you lovely lot!).Nick and I so enjoyed being part of The Experience with you all and we are looking forward to a reunion in 2015, by which time we may have had a go at sorting out our 1,000+ photos!!Nick and Beverly travelled with us to Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica on the Shackleton Centenary Voyage in November 2014.
Nick and Beverly Lambert – UK
- As you may imagine, there is little one can really say about Antarctica of which you are not fully aware. If it were in any way possible I for one would never go anywhere else on this planet.Thank you very much for your part in making that happen. We were cared for graciously by Ice Tracks and without their expert and very able assistance our trip might never have taken place. I warmly recommend Ice Tracks guidance to anyone wishing to go South. The whole experience we had was more akin to friendship than business, and we do hope that we may one day meet again on the high seas!
Raymond & Ute – South Africa
- A big thank you to the Ice Tracks team. Everything went seamlessly from our end made the whole trip an unforgettable experience.
Peter Donohoe – Australia
- The attention to detail, and all the little extras on the Shackleton Expedition made it so special and memorable. I can only imagine all the work involved, the Ice Tracks team certainly gets full marks. I don’t know if your trips in Antarctica always go to the Falklands and South Georgia, but for me they were just as beautiful and special as Antarctica itself.
Keep on working with small groups, out of the way / beautiful places itineraries and your personal involvement and passion!
Sue Pryor Moore – Australia
- Travelling with such an amazing group of people was a real privilege. Your attention to detail was astonishing. And of course the wonderful 'fireside chats.' What a treat to hear those stories from the descendants. The ground arrangements worked well and we were impressed by the IceTracks organisation of those. Thank you for such personal and friendly service from beginning to end.'
David and Rosemary Wharton – UK
- Yes, it was a special never to be repeated expedition voyage in Shackleton's footsteps. Yes, we were privileged because many of the descendants of those adventurers were with us aboard ship and shared their knowledge and memories. Yes, the scenery is beyond belief beautiful even in the fog and snow. None of this would have happened without the efforts of so many people - Ice Tracks (Angie, Caro and Cris) of course, the Akademik Vavilov team, and Captain Beluga and his crew to all of whom many thanks for all their efforts. More than anything though it was the people we voyaged with in their wonderful and international variety that made it such a special journey. So a million thank-yous to everyone we were privileged to travel with and here's to 2015 and a reunion!
Carolyn and Paul Dugdale – UK
- Just a small thank you for a most amazing year shared with youselves.
You have opened our eyes to many things we did not think we would ever see and we have enjoyed every minute along the way and all within just 12 months. But, having been to incredible places we now know that there is so much more that we really must visit so lets keep on planning!Thank you both for your very kind and warming friendship and we look forward to more travel in the new year.
Tim and Jan Burr – UK