Ice Tracks lands its first South Georgia traverse ! A party of 15 adventurers, led by polar adventurer Seb Coulthard, will be crossing the South Georgia ice cap in Shackleton, Crean and Worsley’s footsteps. It’s an adventure to be shared and celebrated by all as we enjoy the Falklands, glorious South Georgia followed by the magic of the Antarctic peninsula.
Our personal pick
For those of you Early Birds wishing to book your polar adventure in advance, Ice Tracks is offering the following special discounts.
- I had always wanted to go to Antarctica & when added with the unique Shackleton Centenary Memorial expedition, it was the most AMAZING trip. Being on ship was like being in a big house party, meeting fellow passengers, so interesting, friendly & with great camaraderie sharing in an unforgettable life experience. I feel I have made many friends & I felt totally confident travelling on my own as Ice -Tracks look after you as family, so much so I'm now going North with them in July to the Arctic!
Rosie Needham – UK
- This was a fantastic expedition holiday which enabled me to explore the artic in a safe way in the company of like minded people. We saw an amazing variety of wild life, including polar bears.
Anne Greenwood – UK
- Thank you Ice Tracks for the most memorable trip of my life. I’ve travelled the globe a good deal but this trip to Antarctica on the Akademik Sergey Vavilov, following in the tracks of Sir Ernest Shackleton a century ago, will live in my heart and my memory for ever. The on-board presentations were all fascinating; we even had the privilege of watching a life size bust of Sir Ernest Shackleton gradually materialize at the hands of a talented sculptor as we sailed on down to the ‘Big Ice’. The organization of the whole voyage was superb. I’m saving up to get Ice Tracks to take me to the Arctic next.
Writer and Broadcaster Sue Cook – UK
- Brilliant throughout. Angie was a star throughout the entire trip.
Julian Grater – UK
- A very big thank you to the entire Ice Tracks team for organizing such an unbelievable trip. Right from request for Visa documents, travel information, tracking the flight arrangements, the pickups and drops to the expedition itself went like clockwork.
Venkitachalam Chandran – India
- Everybody who has responded after the trip has expressed AMAZING AMAZEMENT about the expedition holiday of a lifetime. Add our names to that list and our sincere thanks to Angie and Caro for their professional, enthusiastic and caring approach to the trip and its planning. You two are great!!!
Henri & Brenda Lombard – Johannesburg, South Africa
- It was, indeed, a wonderful and unforgettable experience Down South - thrilling on so many levels: the company, the scenery, the wildlife, the history, the non-stop food ... When friends and family ask what it was like, I feel incapable of even beginning a description, as I could not do the experience justice. As they say: you had to be there...So, now back to everyday reality (no Boris, no Zodiacs, no ice - not in Southern England, anyway - no darling penguins and none of you lovely lot!).Nick and I so enjoyed being part of The Experience with you all and we are looking forward to a reunion in 2015, by which time we may have had a go at sorting out our 1,000+ photos!!Nick and Beverly travelled with us to Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica on the Shackleton Centenary Voyage in November 2014.
Nick and Beverly Lambert – UK
- Thank you to each one of you for your friendship and for sharing this beautiful part of our planet with us. Guts and Caro do you realise what you have achieved ? It has always been a lifelong dream to visit Antarctica and you have been the catalyst that made it all possible. Your enthusiasm and friendship knows no bounds!.
Hengelene – Pretoria South Africa
- Angie and Caro, thank you both hugely for the opportunity to take part in the ES Centenary Voyage. I could not have asked for a better group of pax, ship, crew and expedition team.Of course meeting you guys who put the whole thing together was a privilege and it’s wonderful to see you realising people’s lifelong dreams.
Peter McCarthy – New Zealand
- We had such a FANTASTIC TRIP and we had a great time kayaking and zodiac cruising and hiking, also the best group of people we met, may we all have many more adventures together,will treasure the memories.Duncan and Doreen traveled with us on Spitsbergen Explorer.
Duncan and Doreen Paul – South Africa