Henry Worsley returns to Grytviken on the glorious island of South Georgia. Ice Tracks is honoured to be taking the ashes of a great Polar man who tragically lost his life traversing Antarctica, to be laid to rest in Grytviken. We plan to celebrate Henry’s life on this special commemorative voyage that will include a church service in the Whaler’s church before we head South and share with you the Antarctica he so loved.
Our personal pick
For those of you Early Birds wishing to book your polar adventure in advance, Ice Tracks is offering the following special discounts.
- Just returned from my second trip with Ice Tracks this time to the Arctic and the Svalbard archipelago and once again it was a wonderful journey. Again, I was most impressed with the personal involvement of both Angie and Caro and their friendly, professional approach and the way in which they strive and ensure that all their charges are looked after in detail. Ice Tracks continues to provide unique encounters with the most beautiful and extraordinary places. I have much pleasure in highly recommending Ice Tracks to anyone seeking a special journey, very well planned and organised in a friendly and convivial atmosphere that will remain incomparable lifetime experiences.
Rick Dobbie – Sydney, Australia
- Once again on our 4th trip with Ice Tracks we have exceeded all of our expectations. Peru and Machu Picchu were amazing, Titilaka Lodge was a very special haven, Sacha Lodge and the Napo River an incredible experience in the jungle and the Galapagos Islands close up wildlife topped everything.
Tim & Jan Burr – England
- We loved it. Could not have been better and we were hugely well looked after.
Jennifer and Simon Murray – UK
- It was, indeed, a wonderful and unforgettable experience Down South - thrilling on so many levels: the company, the scenery, the wildlife, the history, the non-stop food ... When friends and family ask what it was like, I feel incapable of even beginning a description, as I could not do the experience justice. As they say: you had to be there...So, now back to everyday reality (no Boris, no Zodiacs, no ice - not in Southern England, anyway - no darling penguins and none of you lovely lot!).Nick and I so enjoyed being part of The Experience with you all and we are looking forward to a reunion in 2015, by which time we may have had a go at sorting out our 1,000+ photos!!Nick and Beverly travelled with us to Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica on the Shackleton Centenary Voyage in November 2014.
Nick and Beverly Lambert – UK
- Barbara Rae, Royal Academician, is one of the country’s leading contemporary artists whose work has been shown both nationally and internationally to outstanding success. She has been honoured with numerous medals and awards and was elected President of the Society of Scottish Artists in 1983.
Barbara Rae – England
- I had the honor to be on this trip. However, for me, the most distinctive association was how wonderfully Ice Tracks oversaw everything.
Hamad Alkaabi – UK
- I have enjoy the journey very, very much. Especially the wildlife and flowers were wonderful.
Manfred Gehmeyr – Germany
- I recommend my travelling friends to Ice Tracks all the time - totally confident that their trip will be as superb as the one I have enjoyed. Each time I have returned with Epic Memories and knowing that it was a privilege to be a part of such expeditions.
Mary Wheildon – UK
- From start to finish, Ice Tracks and Angie Butler made sure that my father and I were looked after as if we were family. The trip was amazing with kayaking in the midnight sun amongst seals and walruses the die-for memory.
Guy Tritton – UK
- We want to say how absolutely wonderful the whole trip was and to thank you heartily for all the effort you put in on our behalf. The Antarctica trip was utterly wonderful from start to finish, and the subsequent visit to Iguazu and Buenos Aires were also carefully planned and full of interest and stimulation.
I have given your name to loads of friends in certain knowledge that if they get in touch, then they will be in the best possible hands.
Just wanted to say wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL and thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.
Jane & Peter Saltmarsh – England